Thursday, March 20, 2014

Defiance

To me, Defiance was just an okay film. I felt that a lot of the scenes from the film were very gruesome. I felt that unity was the main theme in this movie. I felt that all of the Jewish people stuck together as one. They continuously fought against the Germans. I could tell they were determined to protect each other. Tuvia, Zus, and Asael Bielski were amazing people for contributing help for a lot of Jewish families. They have accomplished a lot and are well know for what they have done. I would recommend this film to others even though, I felt this film was okay.

Tuvia said "Our revenge is to live". I honestly thought this was a powerful quote. I believe this quote simple means the Nazi's would have been upset to continue to see Jew's live their lives. Jews living their lives would make Nazi's upset. Jews were simply fight to keep their lives.

Humanity and revenge were the two main themes in this film. I believe they can coexist. They seem to play a major part. The Jewish people were very proud of their descent. The Nazi's discriminated against them and felt they had no place in Germany. They stood up against the Nazi's. For revenge, the Nazi's were simply upset because these few Jews still had their lives. The Nazi's got what they deserved in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment