Monday, April 14, 2014

The Pianist

I believe this was a good film. It really showed what happened during the Holocaust and how the Jews were taken from their homes. The Germans would kill someone in the blink of an eye. I was horrible seeing the "Pianist" ripped away from his family. I thought he was very good at hiding from the Germans. This film, in a way, reminded me about the film Defiance and how they fought back against the Germans.  At times, this movie was a little hard to follow. I would eventually catch on to what was going on. I would definitely recommend this movie to people who enjoy watching films of this time period. They would enjoy this movie a lot. The only thing I didn't enjoy about this movie because there was barely any talking and I think this was a key factor as to why I couldn't follow this film as well as I could others.

I don't believe that all Germans or Nazi's were completely bad people. I believe they just followed one another because they thought being abusive was the way to live life. Hosenfeld saw so much courage in szpilman. He felt that he wanted to fight to stay alive and to prove he could beat the holocaust. I think Hosenfeld gave him a chance to live because he saw how well he played the piano. He felt that he could have been a good person, and didn't want to continue to abuse the Jews. I was happy that Hosenfeld let Szpilman continue to live his life and not taking his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment