Friday, February 21, 2014

42

I actually loved this movie! I thought Jackie Robinson was an extremely strong person, and was a role model to many people of all races. Being the only African American on an all Caucasian team was probably hard for Jackie Robinson. I think he handled every situation quite well. I do believe Jackie Robinson helped our country, I believe that he made a difference by even standing up for himself and willingly helping his team win games. He helped our athletic teams with african americans have the same opportunities he had without racist remarks being made. Everyone on the major league are now equal and able to play together.

I would use determination, I would continue to move toward my goal of becoming whatever I would like to be in life. I would use integrity, sticking to what I was taught. I would basically use all of his values but, two really stuck out to me.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives". Jackie Robinson simply mean't having a lasting affect on people and making a change is more than just being known. Jackie Robinson knew he made many people proud. I agree with this statement. I would want to change our country just as Jackie Robinson did.



1 comment:

  1. I 100% agree with Maya's post. Jackie was determined to break the color barrier in major league baseball and he accomplished that goal and more. Like I said on my blog I would want to make a change in the world also. I'm more of a giving person then I am selfish.

    ReplyDelete