Thursday, February 6, 2014

Glory

The movie, Glory, was based 54th Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry. In this movie, there was a bond between all of the men. It showed how much they cared about one another. I thought this movie portrayed important history, that many people do not know about today. This movie was very gruesome and I didn't like seeing people die. It's upsetting that these individuals lost their lives in the line of duty. They basically offered their lives for their country. They showed a lot of  passion for their country. This movie portrayed the first formal unit of the US army made of mostly African American men. Seeing their lives taken in their line of duty was sad. I would recommend this movie to people who are into movies about the war. I typically do not watch movies like this.

People who love their country, would do anything to protect their country, whether they losing a limb or losing their lives. I commend people who put their lives on the line for their country. People who dedicate their lives to their country are heroes. The people of the 54th Massachusetts are heroes, this was portrayed in the movie as well. They put their lives on the line for us to have opportunities. The troops from shaw were also heroes because they were putting their lives on the for what they thought was right. 

I think the significance of the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry was it being the first black African American regiment of the North. This was a very important time in history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment