I really enjoyed watching Miracle on Ice. It was a very entertaining movie, portraying a lot of motivation throughout the entire movie. I liked the fact that the coach didn't give up on his team and lead them to victory. Herb Brooks was definitely an interesting character. He was the definition of someone who didn't believe anything other than success. He wanted the USA to prove that they can do anything possible. He made the team practice all the time, because he felt that's what the team needed to do. This movie was all about success!
During the time period of the this movie, the height of the cold war had come into play (1970's). This movie is about Herb Brooks taking over as head coach for the USA hockey team. He took them to the winter Olympics. They won the winter Olympics against the Soviets from Sweden. The Soviets had been past year champions. It was a great accomplishment for the USA.
I can't think of an event in my lifetime that had a similar impact at this time.
I agree with you on Herb Brooks not believing anything other than success and how he really wanted/needed his team to beat the Soviets.
ReplyDelete